It's funny to realize that it's already the end of another year. Admittedly, time seems to pass pretty quickly for me (thus the title of this blog), but looking back, it's been a pretty good year. In my personal life, there were a few ups and downs, and in my blogging life, a few ups and downs as well --- but more ups than downs. I started this blog originally just to share my thoughts on the books I read, and I've really enjoyed not only doing that, but participating in memes, and making some friends in the blogging community. I'm grateful for each follower, and each commenter .... and quickly, want to share on two of the more awesome things that happened to me this year.
The recent Random Magic tour has been so much fun --- just reading the book was a fantastic experience, but participating in the tour was something completely different for me, and it really made me stretch myself creatively. Completely enjoyed myself. And completely enjoyed my email conversations with Sasha Soren, as well --- as a result, my writing style in my reviews just might be a bit freer from now on.
And ... completely grateful for the Merry Sisters of Fate contest that I entered (my entry post is here). I won this bag (which I use all the time for my books) --- but the really cool thing was that entering this contest meant I had to gather a bit of courage and write something. You wouldn't think this would be a big deal, but for me, after years of not writing any poems, it meant feeling a bit naked.... and going for it anyway. Very glad I did. And I still love my poem.
So -- on to the resolutions. Thanks for bearing with me on that first part. I have 3 blogging resolutions (should be easy to stick to these), and 3 personal resolutions (if I post them up, I will feel compelled to make an effort on these). And Happy New Year!!!!!!
2. Don’t worry about reviewing every single book I read. Sometimes, I just want to read (or re-read) a book and not take any notes. I need to stop feeling guilty about not sharing my thoughts on everything I read.
3. Participate more fully in my memes. I don’t always have time to visit around to as many other bloggers on Tuesdays and Fridays, but I’m going to make more of an effort.
1. Be more patient when driving. I tend to grit my teeth and make up nasty combinations of words for other drivers (“festering pus-ball” for example), especially for those driving under the speed limit. I’m going to make more of an effort to not want to punch these people.
2. Finding something to be grateful for every day. I am no PollyAnna Sunshine, to be sure --- but it’s too easy to get drawn down into seeing all of the negatives in the world. I can find at least one thing each day to be happy about, even if I have to really think about it.
3. Be kinder. In general, but especially to myself. I sometimes fall into an awful habit of being really unkind to myself, and I really excel at it. And I need to stop. :)