Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones


Definitely a different spin on the vampire idea. Instead of living off of people's blood, Cassandra survives by feeding off of people's pain. Being the shoulder for everyone to cry on certainly comes with some perks if you're like her. I really liked the somewhat clean, sparse writing style of the author because it really let the character's emotions come through. I also liked this idea of a vampire that feeds off of emotions, and how Cassandra felt conflicted at times about what she was. I did think the ending was a little predictable, but maybe that's just me. Overall, good book. I'll definitely be recommending this one to readers who have read their way through a lot of vampire books and are looking for something new.

1 comments:

Patrick Jones said...

thanks for the nice thoughtful review
pj

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison