Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Smart Chicks totally kicked it!!!!!

Ok ---- I don't usually talk that much about me (other than what I think about books) --- but I just got home from the Smart Chicks Kick It tour  and.... IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!     My friend and I sat right in the center, second row..... and we got to see Alyson Noel, Carrie Ryan, Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong, Jackson Pearce and Jennifer Lynn Barnes.   How cool is that?      I am so grateful to our local bookstore, Anderson's -- I don't know how they do it, but it's so great.  

Carrie Ryan, Melissa Marr & Kelley Armstrong
And..... although I didn't win any t-shirts, bands, or the amazingly cool and huge big basket o'books and swag.....   I had the first ticket.   Oh yes, I was doing a happy dance in the bookstore when I got it.   So, I got to go up on stage and get my books (and a few library books) signed, and quickly say hi to all the authors.   I seriously cannot believe I got to speak to them.   I about fainted when Melissa said she liked the top I was wearing (I almost offered it to her right off my back).

 
Ok --- fangirl moment over for now.....   I now get to go upstairs and try to simmer down so I can watch some tv and hopefully get some sleep (have to work in the morning).     Don't know if I can sleep..... might need to keep looking at the shiny signed books.........
 

These are Melissa's boots.  I love them.


3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, this sounds really cool. I've always wanted to go to a bookish event like this. I wish my local bookstore would hold one sometime. That's so cool that you got to go and talk to them and get your books signed. I laughed so much when you talked about your shirt! It's good to know that there are fangirls of books, not just boy-bands. :)

Kristen said...

I was there too! :) Loved her boots! I wasn't too far back - 18 but that's awesome that you got #1. Are you going to see Sophie, Kiersten, and Claudia today?

vvb32 reads said...

sounds like it was a fun event!
was melissa the only one in boots?

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison