Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Blogger Hop --- it's all about the bad guys.......

Somehow, I got partway into my day and realized I had almost forgotten to Hop!  So, quickly correcting that now.....

Today's question comes from Mia, who asks: "Who's your all-time favorite book villain?"

 Easy!!  It's actually two people:  Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandermar from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.   Croup is verbose and pompous, and actually pretty funny (if you don't mind snarky, slightly disturbing humor).  Vandemar barely speaks at all and when he does, he's blunt.  The two of them present a menacing pair that, while I wouldn't like to meet them in a dark alley, actually completely intrigue me.    

I'm looking forward to discovering some villains this weekend around the Hop!   Happy Friday, everyone!!!

10 comments:

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandermar are great choices! I love Neil Gaiman and that book is one of my favorites! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I've not read this book so I don't know who those two are, but that picture is scary!

Jenni Elyse said...

I need to read this book! Heck, I need to read most of Neil Gaiman's book still!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I really want to read Neverwhere. I love Gaiman.
My Hop

Roof Beam Reader said...

Not a big Gaiman fan, so I haven't read this one - but I do love that picture!

pussreboots said...

Darn it.... how could I forget them?! Villains aren't my typical fare. But I managed to think up three. Happy Blog Hop!

Mystica said...

Coming through on the blog hop. Please come over and check out my choice of villain.

P.E. said...

I haven't read many of Neil Gaiman's books, so I'm unfamiliar with your choices. However, they do look like good choices from the picture you posted!

Thanks for visiting and I'm just hopping by,

-P.E.

Anonymous said...

I've never read this book, but might have to try it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

Julie said...

Hello! Catching up on hopping by! I havne't read Neverwhere. The only Neil Gaiman book I've read is Coraline. I like the picture of the two villains. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison