Sunday, November 20, 2011

Book Challenges and me .... the truth comes out...

Well, now that we're nearly to the end of 2011, I am looking back at the Challenges page on this blog and have come to some conclusions: Yes, I signed up.  Yes, I read books.  No, I really didn't participate.  So, started with a clean page.

I always have the best of intentions.   I see new, shiny book challenges on everyone else's blogs, and I think: yes, of course, I read so much, yes, it will be fun and awesome .... and I start off on the right foot, I really do.  And then.....  I read other things, not for the challenges.  And when I do read challenge-fulfilling books, I forget to link them to the challenge.

I am now accepting that it tends to all be for naught, as I reach the end of another year and have yet to complete a challenge.   So, I have decided, that in 2012..... I will choose one challenge.  Just one.   I have found a simple one that sounds good, so I will do my bit and post about it soon.

I do admire everyone who keeps up with their challenges, and if I can get through the one I chose for 2012, without mishap, I might be brave enough to tackle a second one.

this should be a stack of books....

3 comments:

Amanda Makepeace said...

I can't keep up with challenges and accepted this fact earlier in the year. That's why I create my own challenges with no time limit. LOL ;)

Teacher/Learner said...

I sympathize. The challenge racket is a tough one. I try to incorporate books that I either want to read anyway or have put off so long that I need to force myself by way of guilt to get to them :) Also, I think book bloggers have a tendency to over-challenge themselves. Go for quality over quantity, says I :)

Jenni Elyse said...

I know exactly how you feel. I don't do well with challenges either. I'm going to try hard next year, though. We'll see how it goes. I may come to the conclusion you do, lol.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison