However ..... there were some interesting questions, and I thought it might be okay if I answered some of them. And I'm not going to follow the rules -- I still don't feel like I can comfortably tag anyone else (and really, this is a prompt for me to be a bit more social). What I will do is go back and read their posts, and then visit who they tagged .... and comment!!!! And maybe I'll think of someone to tag!
Here goes: From Jenni Elyse:
1) What is your favorite book of all time? It's too hard to choose a favorite, but at this moment, the one that comes to mind is: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
2) Who is your favorite author? It's a tie between China Mieville and Neil Gaiman.
4) When did you start blogging? And Why? (I combined questions) I'm about 2 1/2 years in now, and I started blogging because I wanted to share my thoughts on what I was reading with other readers. Plus, I had started reading a lot of blogs and it looked like it would be fun to do. I do need to be a bit more social, so I'll be working on that.
6) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I just got back from Portland, Oregon - but if I could take another vacation (where money was no issue), I'd go to Scotland.
7) If money were not an issue, what would you buy yourself at this very instant? I have my eye on a few poppets in Lisa Snellings' Etsy shop.
8) Who is your favorite actor? Johnny Depp comes to mind because he's pretty versatile. However, I like Gary Oldman. And I like Meryl Streep -- she's cool.
9) What is your favorite movie? Becket --- it's an old movie with Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole.
10) Who is your favorite musician/band? Really hard to narrow this down, as I have really, really broad musical tastes. Today, I'd say Garbage (even though they haven't put out a new album for a while). I think Dave Grohl is a musical genius. I love Sinead O'Connor's first album (The Lion and the Cobra. Listen to it -- it's amazing). Ask me this question again tomorrow, and I'll have a different answer.
11) What is your favorite song? I'll Fall with your Knife by Peter Murphy. and Only Happy When it Rains by Garbage.
And from Kat:
1) Do you have other hobbies besides reading? I like to take photos in old cemeteries, and also of old buildings. I make a lot of my own jewelry, so I do some beading from time to time.
2) Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Breakfast.
3) What is a trip that you are dying to go on? See #6 above. Although if I could go back to Venice, like in October, that would be nice, too.
4) What book do you want EVERYONE to read? A book that makes them laugh, breaks their heart, and makes them want to re-read it once they've finished it. I would want everyone to find that kind of book for themselves.
5) What is (or would be) your favorite karaoke song? I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen.
8) What is your biggest pet peeve? Today, drivers who believe I am psychic, and thus, do not feel the need to give any kind of signal before braking, turning, etc. I also dislike people who drive under the speed limit .... it makes me crazy.
10) Christmas or Halloween? Halloween!!!!!
11) What does your dream home library look like? Large, with bookshelves that go to the ceiling, and go all the way around the room - and with comfy chairs and a sofa. I would love the sensation of being enveloped by wonderful books. I do have a nice library in my own house ... but it's not as large as I wish it could be.
Whew! Now, I'll be going back over the next few days and checking out who said what when they were tagged!!! And if you'd like me to tag you, please let me know --- I'm sure I can dream up some questions!