Friday, January 2, 2015

The value of a public library

I'm sure there are a lot of readers out there who know the value of their public library.  I'd like to assume that all people who read a lot are active library users.   However, I know better than to do that; I know that there are a lot of people who are active readers who don't visit their libraries often.

As a librarian, I have encountered many people who say things like, "I didn't know I could get that at my library," or "I didn't know I could do that at my library."    Libraries do their best to get the word out about all they offer, but sometimes, it helps to get a bit of a boost.   This article addresses the value of public libraries in many ways, focusing on how libraries not only educate and entertain, but how they provide access to everyone.

If you haven't been to your public library lately, I'd encourage you to make that a New Year's resolution.   You just might be surprised at what you find!

Yes, you can find Legos in the Library

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison