Beautiful Whitney over at She is Too Fond of Books (love that blog title!!!) has graciously bestowed upon me two awards -- The Beautiful Blogger Award and the Honest Scrap Award! I have been enjoying reading her blog, and I do believe this calls for a celebration -- I think a piece of cake after work will be just the thing!
For the Honest Scrap Award, I need to list ten facts about myself, and pass this award on to ten other bloggers. Ten Honest Things:
1. I love the alchemy of baking (some might call it chemistry, but to me, it's more magical).
2. I have seen Neil Gaiman at various appearances 6 different times and have been lucky enough to have him sign some of my books.
3. I was raised on classical music and jazz, but developed an interest in a wide range of music -- and admit to occasionally indulging in industrial and goth music.
4. Echoing the sentiments of Whitney, my worst subject in school also was math. I panicked when I had to take the GRE and basically just relied on what I could remember from high school math to get through it.
5. I have five tattoos. The last one I got was a gothic butterfly when I finished grad school.
6. I love napping.
7. In another life, I'd want to be a member of Cirque du Soleil.
8. My favorite time of year is the Fall, especially October.
9. I used to think that I was alone in having a reading addiction, but thanks to the discovery of book blogs, I know I'm not the only one.
10. I really don't like talking about myself that much --- this was hard!! :)
I'm passing these awards along to:
A Reading Kabocha
Eating Y.A. Books
Floor to Ceiling Books
Girls Without a Bookshelf
I'm a Lit-Bitch, Baby
Jawas Read Too
My Boyfriend Lives in a Book
The Library Lurker
Welcome to Midnight Glance
“Waiting On” Wednesday: The Trip to Echo Spring
8 hours ago