Saturday, February 13, 2010

Grrrr........ or is that GR?

Just wondering if there is any point in having both a LibraryThing and a Goodreads account going.  I have everything on LibraryThing, but a few people keep saying how they'd like to connect via GoodReads.  So, I've tried importing from LT to GR (thus, the grrrrrrrrr.......) --- GoodReads doesn't seem to like most of the ISBNs I have, and I really don't want to have to enter everything manually.  

So, if anyone has any comments on which one they like better, I'm all ears.  At this point, I'm irked with GoodReads and still love LibraryThing, but I'm open to ideas.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like GoodReads because I don't want to pay for LibraryThing...lol.

Amanda Makepeace said...

Same here...I don't want to pay, but I also can't afford to pay for LibraryThing.

Otis said...

Sorry to hear our importer isn't up to snuff. If you email your file to support at gr we will take a look and try to help you out.

best,

Otis

Jen said...

Wow --- thanks Otis! I had no idea you guys would see this.... and now I feel like a dolt because I couldn't make it work....

And thanks Allisonia and Another Daydreamer for your comments!! :)

Shelfrenewal.com said...

I actually prefer Shelfari. I have accounts on all 3 sites, but I have to admit, Shelfari is the only one I ever update. Every 6 months or so, I'll try to import into GR, and yeah, it doesn't always work, so I give up.:)
I just like the look and feel of Shelfari best.
(oh, and my user name isn't really "shelf", I'm Rebecca from Shelfrenewal. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison