Friday, September 17, 2010

Hoppin' !!

gearing up to hop .... any moment now....
It's that time again ---- let the Hopping begin!   The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books.  I know this week is BBAW (Book Blogger Appreciation Week), so I'm not sure how much hopping will get done, between visiting those blogs, and hopping through the list.    However, I've got some free time coming up, so I plan on doing some hopping!

This week's question for the Hop is: 
In honor of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, let's take this time to honor our favorite book bloggers and why we love them!

I follow a number of other book blogs, so I thought I'd just give a shout-out to two of them:  A Thousand Books with Quotes, and Musings of a BookShop Girl

A Thousand Books with Quotes definitely does the whole blogging about books thing a little differently.  There's always a summary of the book, and then some quotes from it.   I really like this because it gives me not only an idea of the kind of writing in the book, but it's also a completely different way to look at a book.  If I'd read a particular book, I'm always interested to see if there's a quote I remember -- and if I've never heard of the book, it's great exposure to it!

In her blog, Musings of a Bookshop Girl, Ellie writes book reviews, but also gives us little slices of her life.  I always get a kick out of reading about the tales of the bookshop, probably because I work in a public library and deal with the public on a constant basis.   I like the way Ellie writes, whether about books or her life in general.  I also admit a bit of fascination because she's British; I've been to Britain twice, and would love to go back (and reading her blog makes me think fondly on my trips).

Looking forward to seeing what other book bloggers have to say on this Hop this week!

8 comments:

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Wow, I live in Maine and that is a great photo of an unusual cemetery. Do recall where it is?

I also love Itkupilli. Her tutorials are really helpful. New follower. Come on by:
Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
twitter: @fangswandsfairy

Amber said...

I'm an old follower hopping through. I haven't heard of either blog you mentioned but will have to go take a look at them. Have an awesome weekend!

Belinda said...

Happy HOP! Came by to say hello and wish a great weekend. Happy reading :)

HOP by my blog this week

Jen said...

Steph -- this is a German Protestant Cemetery in Waldoboro, Maine. :)

Anonymous said...

just another follower hopping by! I read a thousand books with quotes too, great site, and I love the library photo she's got at the top.

Elizabeth said...

First-time visitor.

Just hopping by....

Stop by my blog if you get a chance for reviews on I'd Know you Anywhere by Laura Lippman, Saving Cee Cee Honeycut by Beth Hoffman, Room by Emma Donoghue, and many others.

Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog to see who my favorite blogs are.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Hello! I'm stopping by on the hop =) I love your site design - it's really eye-catching! I also really love that you're featuring children's classics like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It really takes me back to my early days of reading, when my lifelong love developed =)

Ellie said...

I didn't see this post at the time! So I'm just dropping in to say thanks for saying lovely things about my blog... Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that people are enjoying what I write, y'know? Thank you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison