Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Teaser of the year!

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week, my teaser comes from Solid by Shelley Workinger --- "Experience told me that when someone tells you not to worry, it's because they're already doing it enough for both of you.  Though I wanted her words to be true, it seemed to me that if it were, we wouldn't have all needed to be secretly delivered to this secret government facility."  p. 54

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

How intriguing! I'll have to add this to my TBR stack. I have two this week. My YA teaser is from Five Flavors of Dumb and my adult teaser is from The Iron Duke. Happy reading!

Beverly said...

Thanks for stopping by The Wormhole! I can't seem to stop joining challenges!

Stephen said...

Talk about suspense!

jlshall said...

Delivered to a "secret government facility"? Now that sounds like my kinda book! Excellent teaser!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something Obama might write in one of his White House memos <:^)- Footsie

Aisle B said...

This is so true... being told not to worry is only more of an incentive to do just that!

PS I came by yesterday and saw the guest post for Carol K Carr. I love love love Black India.

What an amazing book. I just don't want it to end.

Christina T said...

I love that teaser! Looks like a great YA book.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Thats a great teaser!!! Thanks for visiting!

Julie said...

Oooo! Intriguing. Great teaser! I'm very curious now.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison