Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wordless Wednesday -- a bit of an explanation......

I know it's Sunday, but I had a bit of time, and thought I'd post a bit of an explanation ...... since my Wordless Wednesday posts get a lot of "what is it?" comments.     :)

The last photo I posted was looking through something, to something else ..... and it's a sculpture.  Actually, one of a bunch of sculptures that have been at The Morton Arboretum in IL for several months.  The last day they're supposed to be up is tomorrow, and although I was hoping to get over there and take some wintry pictures, I don't think it's going to happen.....   but then again, I'm not sure if all of them will be removed after tomorrow, considering how hard the ground must be (and because some of these things are HUGE).   At any rate, I have taken a number of photos of these sculptures, and plan to keep posting them on Wednesdays --- so I felt a bit of explanation was in order.

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Steelroots spiky CorTen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is definitely a very strange looking object. It kinda makes me think of a farting hedgehog ...

WonderBunny said...

IL does funny things. I remember when they had a cows all over downtown Chicago. :) Awesome.

Carol said...

I love it, it's a really cool looking sculpture and you get such great shots of it each week!

Ms. Becky said...

well thank you very much for your thoughtful explanation. I really really like your photos!

Kristin said...

Jo,
Can you believe the same kit can look so different?? I knew Lori had used it for yours, and we wanted to make sure they were very different! I just love yours!
Thanks for stopping by-have a wonderful week!
Kristin
MyBookishWays

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am a new follower. Also, I just added a new book to the post that I got. :) Thanks again, and great job on your blog.

~Zakiya LadyWings

Elizabeth said...

Those sculptures are very cool. love them!

Robyn Ryle said...

Well, that's nice to give an explanation, but I so like the idea of just posting a picture. Why not? A picture's worth....you know how it goes. Thanks for hopping by.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison