Friday, January 28, 2011

Hoppin, Hoppin, Hoppin........

We've reached another Friday!  Sometimes, it feels like the week is more than 5 days from Monday-Friday.......    but as I said, it is finally Friday -- and time for the Book Blogger Hop!  Thanks to Jennifer at Crazy for Books, the Hop allows me to go around visiting blogs, discovering new blogs, and having some fun from Friday-Monday.  This week's question comes from Aliyah, who asks: "What book are you most looking forward to seeing published in 2011?  Why are you anticipating that book?"


Um....  I can't believe I'm supposed to choose only one book.  !!!   But I will say, the one on my mind right now is China Mieville's newest book, Embassytown, which is coming out in May, 2011.  I've already pre-ordered my copy from BookDepository.co.uk because I am a huge fan of China Mieville.   This is the summary from Library Journal: "On a distant planet in the distant future, humans and aliens regard each other suspiciously but manage to coexist. Then a new group of humans drop in."   Sounds like something completely different from this author, but I know I won't be disappointed.    As I said, this is just one book in 2011 I'm looking forward to ....   and I'll be interested to see what everyone else is putting down as their answer for this Hop's question. Happy Friday, everyone!!

12 comments:

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Hopping by. Never heard of this author -- will have to look her (or is it him?) up. New follower.

Amanda Von Hoffmann said...

This is a new author for me. Sounds up my alley :)

Jenni Elyse said...

What does this author normally write? Is it always science fiction?

BookQuoter said...

Hi Jo, just hopping through and hoping you have a good weekend. That book cover is very attractive, dystopian New yorkish. Hope you enjoy it!!!

MANDY said...

Hi there! New follower from the hop here. The book I am looking forward to doesn't come out for another 2 years! Come and read my post at www.mandysescape.blogspot.com
By the way, did Lori do your design for your blog? She just did a makeover for me!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting cover on your anticipated book! I love it.

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a really interesting book that you are looking forward to.

pussreboots said...

Oooh! Another book to add to my wishlist. I'm currently reading Kraken. I am looking forward to four books. Come see what they are.

redhead said...

I am SO looking forward to Embassytown! it sounds weird and wonderful, everything I miss about Mieville's older stuff.

Looks like you're gonna be getting Embassytown way before me, so I'm expecting you to post a review right after you get it!!! :)

but even more so, I'm crazy waiting for THe Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just hopping by and following through.
I hope you enjoy the book when you get your hands on it!


Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Jo, that is one beautiful cover! I have another of the author's books on my shelf. I'd like to get to it this year.

There is still time to enter my Steampunkery Giveaway!!!

Mad Scientist
Steampunkery & Book Reviews
Forbidden Steam  Adult- even the Mad Scientist gets naughty!

Julie said...

Hopping back! Wow...love the idea of Embassytown. Never heard of it before. I'm writing that one down.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison