Sunday, August 8, 2010

Versatility ---- and how a little thing made a big difference in my Friday

So there I was, having a kinda crappy Friday  (you know, one of those that doesn't begin well, and it just keeps coming...), but I was hopping through the list of Book Blog Hoppers ---- and discovered that Lisa over at Pages of My Life had been extremely sweet and gave me an award!!!  Made my day!!!     She's got a lovely blog --- check it out!

So now, I'm getting around to actually posting a little something.   :)        I actually received this award in June, but I have more people I can pass it along to, so I'll be doing that now!    How the award works:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...) 

4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
 
 
7 seems to be a good number for me, because I have 7 blogs I'm passing this award on to, as well!    Tricky thing is thinking of 7 things to share about myself (I don't really like talking about myself).   Here goes.....

1.   I am not a summer person.  I basically endure heat and humidity and then get all kinds of happy once fall (finally) arrives.
2.  I like taking photographs of old cemeteries, and have visited many in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Maine.
3.  I like pens, especially fountain pens.  I have a few, and I like to use them at work -- makes my handwriting a little nicer because I slow down.
4.   I really love going to the local arboretum in the Spring every week to see what new little green things are growing, and poking up out of the soil.   I think it's so cool to be able to see how much can change and grow in just a few days.
5.  I do not like eggplant.  Or zucchini.   
6.  My sister loves both of the above mentioned vegetables and will sometimes try to sneak them into what she makes for dinner if I'm coming over.
7.  I have five tattoos.

Ok -- and now, on to the fun part --- passing this along!!!!    All of these are very cool blogs, so if you get a chance, please stop on over and check them out!    And thanks again, Lisa --- you made my day!!!

Graced with Books                               Joy's Blog                           Lucy Was Robbed
          Musings of a Bookshop Girl                  The Crescive Library              The Prairie Library     

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Thanks Jo! You made my weekend... :-)

Chelle said...

Thanks for thinking of me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award! :D

jlshall said...

Hi, Jo! Congrats on your award. And thanks so much for passing it on to me! You really do deserve it (not so sure about myself).

Lisa said...

I'm glad to know that I made your day a little brighter. :)

I'm most definitely not a summer person either. Fall is by far my favorite time of year, October preferably, but I do enjoy winter as well. I don't really mind what it is as long as it isn't hot. The boyfriend and I get into more fights than I can count because I freeze him to death. I enjoy being cold and will keep the ac down as low as I can get by with. :)

I like old cemeteries as well and totally jealous of all the ones you've visited.

I have sort of an addiction to pens. I think I picked it up from my dad because he was the same way. I tend to collect them. I'm pretty sure that I could fill up an entire gallon bucket with all the pens I have and out of all of them fountain pens are my favorite as well, although they are a bit hard to come by around here. There isn't too many places that I've found that actually sell them in my small town.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Please note that I am officially designating this blog an award-free zone. Thank you!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison